Layout

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Room Reno 411

I've been looking for ways to make my room as cool as me. lol. But I hadn't put those ways into action. I decided that I wanted to paint my room and renovate it almost-completely. I only had a budget of $150, and I really didn't think I could pull it off. And I think I did pretty good, actually. My color inspiration had been some flowered storage boxes that I bought at Ross'.
From the top one, the color that popped out at me was purple so that became my complete design idea! Last night, Rachal came over to help me paint, but little did we know that painting was gonna be one of the last things we were gonna do. In fact, she barely got to paint; well actually when we got tired of that wallpaper we doodled on the wall. We spent like three hours trying to rip wall paper off the wall. We were gonna rip it off the four walls, but that would have taken a lifetime, even with my little brother helping us!


The turn out was unbelievable! I am still amazed as I sit in my room typing this. Paint can do wonders for a room. It can make something look bedazzled. In fact, I'm starting to think paint is my own private bedazzler. I actually managed to do some DIY projects here! The easel that you see at the bottom picture, I painted with acrylic paint before I had even done the room. Then, I went over it with the paint I used for the walls to give it a rugged look to it. Also, there's a little white-slash-purplish table with a mirror and perfume box. I painted that too! It was an oak table and I went over it with spray paint. I had run out of spray paint before I finished the whole table, so I grabbed some of the paint that I use for paintings and I used that over the missing spots. After that, I grabbed some of the paint used in the wall, and just brushed the table lightly with that to give it a subtle purple color. I actually had fun redoing my room!



PEACE, LOVE, AND JESUS! MUAH:D




No comments:

Post a Comment