Layout

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vintage, The love for old things!



I have this obsession about old things(yes, another obsession). Not old, old but old looking things like vintage clothes, cams, or sometimes even furniture, but it seems like nobody understands that old things can be beautiful things.






















I love retro cameras and I was gonna buy this one, but I needed something that was more people friendly, so I'll just wait till I find a modern digi-cam with a vintage touch.











Like, the other day I told my mom "I wanna find a vintage store around here." Of course this was in Spanish, cus she doesn't understand much English. And then she said, "Why do you wanna buy crap?" and so I kept my mouth shut and ignored the evil remark. After all, she's still my mom, respect is important. Well, for now atleast cus she's pregnant and annoying for the moment.
















I looked for vintage stores here in Monroe, but the only thing closest to that is Goodwill, and I'll dare to say that courage is important before entering the store, because there's too many clothes and it's hard to find what you THINK you're looking for. For now I'm sticking to Forever 21 and online stores. For my 17th bday, me and my friend Billy(Billencia) went to Forever 21 so that I could choose my present and I chose this dress.

























I'm rearranging my style to be a vintagey, cardigan-wearing, chic. I tried putting something together that worked for me, but in this 100 degree heat, I can not wear. I want to get into wearing pearls, pink dresses, shorts with flowered cardigans, but leaving in this town makes it a little less possible so I've found different vintage stores from all over the U.S...Or maybe just in California. There's this online store called LAvintage.com and they've got the cutest and original looking clothes ever. Prices are not so cheap, but if I want it, hey! It's worth it. Since I'm loving dresses in this weather I've looked at a few from their site.






























Just add a Strappy, Brown belt and Jesus sandles and you're ready to go.
I love how girly this one is, and it just screams, "Wanna get Ice Cream at the Polo Club!"
This dress is just so casually awesome to me. I'd love wearing it, but knowing that my cleavage is a huge issue for me, it wouldn't be a smart buy, unless I wanted to just stare at it in aww every morning.
Look Down. This is where vintage can sometimes be crazy, I would not go out in that. I love that headband though. I have one with chains that I wanted, but didn't know if I should tap into my guilty pleasure, which is wearing chains and black. lol. Not emo-like, think tough chic. Ofcourse another item from my favorite store, Forever 21. Rachal, my BFF, was there to be that inside voice when I wanted to buy it, and she encouraged me to get it. Whenever I wear it, my mom looks at me like I'm crazy. She just doesn't know what unique means in Spanish or English. lol.

I'm also into Rompers recently, because they're just like dresses except they cover your HOo-Hah! Completely. I bought a flowery one at a MaxRave store and I was a little bit scared to wear it out, but I conquered my fear when I went to church last night with them on. The girls thought it was cute, but Blaine-a guy-had something to say about it, "Umm...Is your shirt stuck to those shorts?" I just laughed like, what an idiot. And then answered, "It's called a Romper, and you've gotta have confidence to pull this off." He later told me, "I wish my sweat pants were stuck to my t-shirt." lol. He's pretty funny. But there is a difference between rompers and jumpers. Jumpers are what I would never dare to wear. It's pants with a shirt. Not gonna happen! Along with my other favorite online vintage store, Spanish Moss. I found a few rompers I liked.










This blue one is like my soul mate. The price is over $100, and unless I had a couple of thousands in the bank, I'm not getting it. It's sooo gorgeous, and all it needs is a long pearl necklace and pearl earrings.























It's so simple and adorabluh. I can see pearls on this one too or maybe a flower print or any print colored cardigan. Those glasses are ahmazing!











Kind of rustic-looking. I kind of like it, but if worn wrong, it could be a huge regret. Found at Charlotte Russe only.

Well now you know my style or no estylo, as my mom calls it. I've been here trying to write this for too long, I'm gonna go chill my butt on another chair. TTYL:D

No comments:

Post a Comment